Terms & Conditions
BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
These conditions shall be deemed to have been accepted by you at the time when you make the booking.
- General The Malthouse property owners, further referred to as the Owners. Customers renting the property are referred to as the Guest. When Guests book The Malthouse they enter into a Contract with the Owners.
- Duration and Times of Rental Rentals commence at 4 pm on the first day of the rental and end at 10 am on the day of departure, unless otherwise notified. This period is hereafter referred to as the Holiday. The Guest (customers renting the property) will be liable for any cost of whatever nature incurred because of an unauthorised extension.
- Deposit and Final Payment Full payment together with a Damages Deposit of £150 is required eight weeks before the Holiday is due to start (due date) When a booking is made before that, a deposit of 30% of the full rent is payable, the remainder to be paid eight weeks before the start of the Holiday together with the Damages Deposit. For a booking made less than eight weeks before the Holiday is due to start, the FULL RENT must be made with the booking together with the Damages Deposit. Non-payment by the due date may be treated as a cancellation, where a guest will lose the booking and forfeit the deposit. The Damages Deposit will be refunded within seven working days, subject to the property being left in a similar condition to that in which it was taken on.
- Cancellation A booking can only be cancelled prior to the start of the Holiday. A Guest who wishes to cancel the Holiday must notify the Owners in writing, with a Cancellation Notice, sending this by recorded delivery to the Owners address. If a cancellation is made, the Owners will endeavour to re-let The Malthouse. If the property is then re-let, the Owners may reimburse the Guest with his/her payment (or a proportional part of the booking period). The Guest is therefore strongly advised to obtain holiday insurance when making a booking.
- Changing a booking Once a booking has been accepted, it can only be changed by treating the original booking as a cancellation. The dates of the Holiday may be changed, provided the property is still available for the new date. In this case, a £15 re-booking fee may be incurred.
- Price Changes The Owners reserve the right to amend prices quoted due to errors or omissions. Such changes will be notified to the Guest as soon as possible, and the Guest will be able to cancel the Booking Contract, if the amended price is significantly higher than the original quote.
- Method of Payment Payments may be made by cheque, electronic bank transfer, or card via Holiday Lettings. Cheques should be made payable to Mrs S Mountford and can only be accepted up to two weeks before the Holiday. Post-dated cheques are not acceptable. Any charges raised against the Owners by its bank for handling dishonoured cheques, bank transfers or any other payments will be passed onto the Guest, who is liable to reimburse the Owners within seven days of receipt of notification from the Owners.
- Eligibility Bookings will not be accepted from groups or single people under the age of 25.
- No Tenancy The Contract is for the Holiday and is not intended to create a relationship of Landlord-and-Tenant between the Guest-and-Owners. The Guest and his/her party shall not be entitled to a tenancy, or to any assured shorthold or assured tenancy or any statutory protection under the Housing Act 1988 or other statutory security of tenure now or upon termination of contract.
- Non-availability of Property If for any reason beyond the Owners control the property is not available for the date booked, e.g. due to fire damage or the property becoming unsuitable for holiday letting, all monies paid in advance by the Guest will be refunded.
- Right of Entry The Owners shall be allowed the right of entry to the property at all reasonable times for purposes of inspection or to carry out any necessary repairs or maintenance. The exception to this is in cases of emergency or where a problem needs prompt action in situ, where the Owners are entitled to enter the property at any time without giving the Guest and party prior notice.
- The Guest's Obligations The Guest agrees:
- To pay for any losses or damages to the property caused by the Guest or party member to the property. Reasonable wear and tear excluded. Breakages and damage must be reported as soon as possible 2. To take good care of the property and leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the Holiday. A cleaning service is not provided during the holiday. Should the Owners be dissatisfied with the condition of the property upon the Guest's departure, it reserves the right to make a charge for extra cleaning. 3. To permit the Owners reasonable access to the property. 4. Not to part with possession of the property, or share it except with members of the party shown on the booking form. 5. Not to sell, or transfer the booking to another party without the Owners agreement. 6. Not to exceed the eight people stipulated in the property description. This includes persons staying in tents or campervans at the property without the Owners permission. 7. Not to cause an annoyance, or become a nuisance to occupants of adjoining premises. 8. To leave the property secure, locking all doors and windows.
- Liability The Owners accept no liability for loss or damage to the Guest's possessions on the Owners property or land. The Owners will not be liable for any act, neglect or default of any person not within their employ or otherwise under their control, nor for any accident, damage, loss, injury, expense or inconvenience, whether to person or property, which the Guest or any person suffer or incur arising out of, or in any way connected with the rental. Nothing in these conditions excludes or limits the liability of the Owners for death or personal injury caused by the Owners negligence, or for any matter which it would be illegal for the Owners to exclude, or attempt to exclude their liability. Electric and other failures must be reported immediately and the Guest must not attempt to effect repairs themselves. The Owners cannot be held responsible for the failure of water and electricity utilities companies.
- Web sites This Web site and these Booking Conditions replace and supersede all previous Web sites and booking conditions.
- Discrepancies In case of any discrepancy between these Booking Conditions and any other contents of the web site, these Conditions shall prevail but shall not limit the Owners liability regarding failure to supply accommodation as described on the website.
- Authority to Sign The person who makes the booking certifies; 1. He/she is authorised to agree the Booking Conditions on behalf of all persons included on the Booking Form, including those substituted or added at a later date. 2. The signatory is over eighteen years old and a member of the party intending to occupy the property 3. They agree to take responsibility for the party occupying the property.
- Complaints All complaints must be notified to the Owners as soon as is reasonably practical, as the Owners may be required to carry out an on-the-spot investigation, and if necessary take remedial action. If the Owners are denied the opportunity of investigating the complaint within a reasonable time or denied the opportunity to put matters right during the Holiday, then this may result in a reasonable reduction of any compensation which may be payable to the Guest as a result of the complaint.
18.' Dog friendly ' One well-trained (friendly) dog only permitted with the prior consent of the Owners. It must be kept under control at all times. It is not permitted upstairs in the bedrooms or on the furniture, and the Owners cannot accept responsibility for it’s safety. It must not be left alone unsupervised either in the property or in the garden/grounds, as this can result in damage to the property/grounds and distress to the dog. If the dog fouls in the garden it must be cleaned up immediately (charges will result if this is not done)
- Smoking The property is strictly non-smoking. Should the Guest or members of the party be found smoking in the property, this will constitute a breach of contract. In these circumstances the Owners have the right to ask the Guest, and/or members of the party to leave without recompense.
- Right to Evict The Owners reserve the right to evict the Guest and party without compensation being paid, if this is deemed necessary by the Owners - for example should complaints be made of anti-social behaviour or unreasonable breakages or damages occur, or smoking restrictions not be observed, or there is a material breach by the Guest or party.
- Breach of Contract If there is any breach of any of these Conditions by the Guest or party, the Owners reserve the right to re-enter the property and end the Holiday, and ask the Guest and party to leave.
If there is any breach of any of these conditions by the Owners, then the Guest has the right to end the Holiday and leave.
Ending the Holiday by either the Guest or the Owners does not affect that party's rights and remedies.
- External Factors The Owners cannot be held to account for any disturbance caused by holiday fairs, fetes, events or festivals occurring during the letting season or building works in the vicinity or on neighbouring properties.
- Validity Clause In the event that a court finds a condition in these Booking Conditions is illegal or void, the illegal or void provision will be severed from the remainder of the Booking Conditions, which will continue to be valid and in full force and effect.
- Governing Law English law shall govern the construction, validity and performance of the Contract and both parties shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.